If you have been in the online business space for any amount of time, you would have come across the phrase ‘the money is in the list’. Your email list is the perfect place to develop a relationship with your clients (and potential clients). It is yours, and you aren’t dependent on any algorithms, or platforms that suddenly go down (Facebook and Instagram, I’m looking at you).
Knowing which platform to use, how to get people onto your list, what to send them… it can get quite overwhelming! That is where Bethany steps in.
Bethany Fiocchi Root has been simplifying email marketing for companies for over 8 years (i.e. an internet marketing grandma). From start-ups to big brands, Bethany’s philosophy is always the same: attract the right audience, launch iteratively, & optimize to get the best results.
In this episode Bethany and I talk about:
- How email marketing has changed over the last few years
- The first thing entrepreneurs should do when they get started with email marketing (spoiler – set up your lead magnet!)
- Setting goals for your email marketing
- Do you need to send ‘beautiful’ emails?
- The importance of testing and adjusting
And if you’re stuck at the lead magnet stage, Bethany has an awesome freebie to help you decide on the format of your lead magnet – check it out below.